Board of Directors
The Beach Food Pantry Board of Directors has 13 members representing various facets of our Outer Banks Community. The Board provides legal, financial, management and program oversight, and guidance to the Pantry's Executive Director. The Board ensures that the organization stays aligned with its mission and values in addition to complying with all federal and state laws. We are pleased to have such wonderful support from across Dare County. Current Beach Food Pantry Board members follow, along with their roles and reasons why they chose to serve:
President Richard Bruce - Pigman’s Bar-B-Que: "I live but to serve and my service with the Beach Food Pantry makes me feel alive."
Vice President Pat Regan - ConAgra Foods: "As a career food industry executive, I understand that food can be the basis for a joyful family experience. In my role as a Director for the Beach Food Pantry, my goal is to help end hunger in the Outer Banks and bring joy to every meal for those in need."
Treasurer Steve Hanson - Community Member: "I am serving as a Beach Food Pantry Board member and volunteer because I want to help members of our community who are in need of assistance to have enough food to feed their family."
Secretary Jenniffer Albanese - Interfaith Community Outreach Executive Director: "Serving on the Beach Pantry Board establishes a bridge between Interfaith Community Outreach and the Beach Food Pantry as we both strive to assist our Neighbors in Need."
Elected Member Mike Pringle - Coldwell Banker Seaside Realty: "I am proud to be associated with an organization that benefits so many of our county’s residents. Food is our common ground and the Beach Food Pantry does a fantastic job providing our community with this basic need."
- Sam Barker - Seaside Builders, Inc.: "Everyone that helps the community they live in, improves their own quality of life. That is why I help."
- Howard Neren - Community Member: "I recently joined the Board after completing a term on another non-profit also dedicated to providing basic needs in our community. The BFP Board is a great opportunity to contribute and participate in helping steer its future direction, along with the personal satisfaction of volunteering with an organization dedicated to fighting hunger and poverty."
- Susan Picataggi - Dare County Department of Social Services: "As part of my job as a social worker with the Dare County DHHS, Division of Social Services, I am able to serve on boards and participate with other community agencies. For this reason, I am currently able to participate on the Beach Food Pantry Board."
- Tim Radigan - Coastal Beverage Company: "Food is a primary necessity for life. Serving provides me the opportunity to help to those in need.I cannot think of a better way to give back to my community than addressing this need in Dare County."
- Cori Riddle - Bizport OBX: "It is an honor to serve for a organization that helps so many local families. I choose to serve because I am so proud of the community, this organization and now, to be a part of the Board!"
- Dennis Rose - Rose, Harrison & Gilreath: "I chose to serve on the board to assist in advancing the goals of the Beach Food Pantry for the betterment of our local community."
- Susan Smith - Community Member: “Helping others in need has become a very important part of my life, especially those in need of food. I feel very fortunate to be able to volunteer at the Beach Food Pantry.”
Lorna Ernst - Made in the OBX: "I sought out the opportunity to be part of the Beach Food Pantry because I love to grow my own food, cook, and eat, eat, eat. The idea that my own neighbors did not have food on their tables bothered me and I knew that my work with the Beach Food Pantry was a way of helping them. As Jesus Christ taught, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” (Matthew 25:37–40).
Theresa Armendarez serves as the Beach Food Pantry's Executive Director and is responsible for executing the Board's policies, programs, and initiatives. The Executive Director and Board work together on broader projects that are important to the well-being of the Pantry: strategic plan, fundraising, and evaluation of the organization. "It is an honor to be a part of an organization whose board and volunteers are dedicated to taking action to support our friends and neighbors in need."