Are You in Need of Food?
If you live or work in Dare County, you are experiencing a temporary crisis or emergency and you need food assistance, you are eligible to come to the Beach Food Pantry. To get an appointment to come in and shop, please fill out an application online here. If you don't have access to the internet, you may use the computers available at any of the Dare County Library branches or call our office in the mornings at (252)261-2756.
We are located at 4007 North Croatan Highway in Kitty Hawk. We distribute food, by appointment, Monday through Friday from 2pm-4pm, except legal holidays.
We strive to provide healthy and nutritional food items which include pantry staples, fresh vegetables, frozen items, meat and dairy. It is our firm belief that healthy eating and well-rounded food choices are of utmost importance in today’s busy households.
- MUST live OR work in Dare County, NC.
- Photo ID and proof of residency MUST be presented at each visit for the head of household AND his/her spouse/partner, if any. Proof of residence may include a valid Driver's License, Utility Bill, Tax Bill, Bank Statement, or Lease. Address identification must be current.
- ID MUST also be presented at each visit for each dependent child (18 years and under) residing with the head of household and his/her spouse/partner, if any. Child ID may include a valid birth certificate, social security card, or passport.
- All information forms MUST be completed in their entirety and signed prior to service at each visit.
- Clients MUST wait a minimum of 30 days between visits.
- Guidelines are subject to change at any time! Please review before submitting an application.
Need Food Now?
Follow the directions below to schedule an in store shopping experience.
Click here to register, shop online and schedule a pickup.
Complete una solicitud en línea.
Espanol: haga clic aquí
Si Usted no tiene acceso a Internet, pongase en contacto con nuestra oficina a (252) 261-2756 por la manana.
Después de recibir su solicitud, le llamaremos o le enviaremos un mensaje de texto para hacer una cita.
Esté aquí para su cita el día y la hora en punto o llame lo antes posible y háganos saber si no puede llegar a la cita y necesita reprogramarla.
Fill out an online application.
English: Click here
If you don't have access to the internet, please contact our office at (252) 261-2756.
After we receive your application, we will call or text you to set up an appointment.
Be here for your appointment day/time. Or, call ASAP and let us know if you can't make it and need to reschedule.